HOW TO APPLY
Non-Discrimination Pledge to Applicants and Apprentices
The Trustees of the JATC will not discriminate against apprenticeship applicants or apprentices based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, or because they are an individual with a disability or a person 40 years old or older. The Trustees of the JATC will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, part 30
- You must create a user account prior to initiating an application. Click on the link within the confirmation email, read the instructions on the New Account Request page, and then click on the “Next” button to create your account. Please create your user account during the two work weeks PRIOR to the date that you plan to apply. Due to the number of applications and user account requests we may not be able to deal with your user account request during the application period.
- You may initiate an application online during the first three days of the first full business week of each month. Applications can only be started within this window. Please refer to the list below for the dates.
- Once you have submitted your application online, have your high school mail an official sealed copy of your transcripts directly to the Training Center within 30 working days.
- If you meet the qualifications you will be notified to report for testing within 3 months. There will be a $20.00 processing fee payable at the time of your test date. Take the free sample test here.
- If your test results are satisfactory, you will be notified within 3 months of the test to appear for an interview.
- If you are not notified within 6 months of your test date for an interview, you will need to re-apply and re-test to be considered for an interview.
Applicants must be at least 17 years of age, must have completed one year of high school algebra, and have a high school diploma or a GED. Classes are started as manpower demands dictate, and vary based on economic conditions in the market at any given time.
The application dates for 2017 are: March 6-8, April 3-5, May 1-3, June 5-7, July 10-12, August 7-9, September 11-13, October 2-4, November 6-8, and December 4-6.
To create a user account, click here.
Click here to log in to your account and begin or complete an application.
If you do not have access to a computer or mobile device, you may apply online at our facility on the first day of the application period of each month between the hours of 9am-4pm. Be sure to bring your work history for your last three employers.
If accepted into the program you will need to have internet access and a Windows based computer in order to complete homework assignments. Computer/Internet access can be made available for you at the training center if you do not have them available elsewhere. Computer requirements are as follows:
15″ HD Display
i3 or better Processor (Dual Core minimum)
Microsoft Windows 7, 8 or 10 (full version, no RT)
Web Browser (Firefox recommended)